Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You've Been Warned...

As a prelude to my upcoming review of the self-tanners I have tried, let me give you a warning....

Before I say anything, I must ask you to please remember your sunscreen when you are outside. I won't preach on the health risks associated with sun exposure... hopefully you know this already. But come on girls, even if you don't care about the health risks, sun exposure will give you premature wrinkles and sun spots. You may or may not get skin cancer - but you WILL get wrinkles and sun spots!!! And guess what? Skin damage doesn't just mean getting burned - a good dark tan just means you were slow roasted instead of dropped in the fryer.

OK - I am off my soapbox now.

I have very fair skin. I have been almost every color imaginable - white, red, orange, (fake) tan... what I have never been is naturally tan. Not one day in my whole life. Here's what happens to me when I am out in the sun - white for about 30 minutes, then RED for a week, then 3 days of peeling, then back to white. No tan.

So here's the warning... When you have fair skin, and you get burned (because you were stupid and didn't wear sunscreen!) and then have to be a bridesmaid in 1 week, so you apply self-tanner to even out your tan lines... You will be fabulously tan for about 1 day. Then the tan will peel off to reveal the white skin beneath and you will look like you have a serious skin condition for several days.

Let's just say this recently happened to someone I know...

The only deals I detected this week worth mentioning were at Walgreens:
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Maybelline face or eye cosmetics (remember my favorite mascara is Maybelline Volume Express Curved Brush!)
- Buy 1 Get 1 FREE Loreal nail, HiP or Bare Naturale (love their Bare Naturale blush)

More on self-tanners to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment