Friday, May 15, 2009

Just Say No...

... to yellow toenail polish.

I am not a big fan of trendy makeup. In my opinion, makeup is to enhance your natural beauty - not really to make fashion statements with your face. Save that for your earrings and shoes :)

I am, however, a BIG fan of trendy nail polish. Every month when my Glamour magazine comes, I scan the pages for the 'it' color of the month. My latest faves have been midnight blue, gunmetal gray (at the end of winter), and fuchsia.

This month I saw some bright yellow polish, and since I love yellow, made it my mission to find some. OPI has a great color (available at Ulta for $3.99). Fun, right???

What I fail to mention is that I have really pale skin. I do not tan - I just burn and go right back to white! So do you know what yellow nail polish looks like on white feet? Not good.

Maybe it would look OK on really tan feet... but my overall opinion is that it is more fungal than fun. If you want a very 'in' color on your toes - go for fuchsia. Looks good on any skin color.

2 comments:

  1. You are hilarious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm actually in style with my toenail polish - and have been for years!!!

    ReplyDelete