Monday, May 18, 2009

Mineral Make-Up

A trendy product line in the world of cosmetics right now is "mineral make-up." I have to start off this post by saying that I have never used any of these products, so I have no personal experience.

That being said, I have several friends that are fans of BareEscentials line of BareMinerals products. People who use it seem to love it, and are repeat buyers - and that is the true test of a product! The line is pretty pricey - available at Sephora, BareEscentials stores & via phone, and QVC.

So, what you may be wondering is... do I need it?? As is true with any beauty product, you probably don't. If you are happy with your current make-up products, or maybe just need a little change, I wouldn't suggest investing in BareEscentials. But if you are seriously looking for a change... like I said, I have friends who swear by the stuff!!!

If you want to try the concept and get in on the trend, without the investment, you can try Maybelline Mineral Power make-up - which is on sale at CVS this week buy 1 get 1 free.

If any of my mineral make-up using friends are reading this post - please leave your advice & recommendations in the comments!!

2 comments:

  1. Found out the hard way, after spending money on the mineral makeup, that it is not good for people with really oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use it, b/c I'm not a fan of foundation. Unfortunately for Julia (or maybe unfortunately for me, when I stand next to her!), I'm a minimalist makeup person. When I want to "dress up", though, I use the minerals and it evens me out. Also, my mom is allergic to EVERYTHING, and uses it with no problems.
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete