If you know me, you know my lipstick. We go together. We're a pair. Our love affair has been going on for 8 years now, and I see no end in sight! Therefore, I think it is fitting that the first product review I post on this blog be about my lipstick.
I am totally not joking when I say that this lipstick has changed my life. Well, I might be a tad dramatic - but not joking! I have always loved lipstick, and have always hated having to reapply, worrying about it coming off on my clothes, trying to avoid the ring around the lips... this lipstick changes all of that!
The name of my lipstick lover is CoverGirl Outlast Lipcolor - specifically color #545 - Naturalast. Be warned - there are other "Outlast" products, but they are totally different (and may be covered in future posts). The lip color costs about $8, and comes in a box with two tubes - one is the color, the other a gloss. I use it every day and I think it lasts me about 3-4 months.
This is one of the few products out there where the advertisements are totally true. It... Does... Not... Come... Off. Seriously. When I worked in an office, I would apply it at 7:00 am and it would still be on at the end of the workday. I can kiss my babies and not have to wipe their faces. The straw in my Diet Dr. Pepper stays clean and doesn't get nasty lipstick crummies all over it. You get the idea.
Tips & Tricks:
- Lips must be totally clean and dry before applying. Do not apply over chapstick, or other lipstick.
- Put the color on first - you can adjust how dark/light it is by how thick you apply. Don't apply too thick or it will crack and peel.
- Do not obsessively rub your lips together - just hold your lips slightly apart until it dries.
- Only use the gloss provided in the box. ANYTHING oil based is going to take the lipstick off - that includes chapstick and other lipsticks and glosses.
- Remember the above comment when you actually want to take it off - because believe me, it will still be on when you go to bed! Just put on chapstick, wait a minute, and wipe off with a tissue
- Along the same line, learn to eat neatly - greasy and oily food will make it come off faster
- If you use it every day (like I do!) then your lips may get dry. DO NOT skip the overnight moisturizer! I recommend Neutrogena Overnight Lip Balm.
- When picking out a color, remember they all go on a bit brighter than they appear in the package.
I know that many of you out there who are reading this have already fallen in love with this product - if you have testimonials please leave them in the comments!!!
Happy lipstick wearing to you! May you find your lipstick soul mate and live happily ever after.